Order Master Data
B.1.1 Define Order types:
An Internal order is created under an Order type.
An order type is used for storing various control parameters and various defaults while creating an Internal Order.
The order type is client-specific, which means that every order type can be used in all controlling areas. A number range is assigned to the internal order type.
Internal order is a cost object that tracks the cost of a specific event. IO has a short life compared to a cost center. In SAP solutions, you will find two types of IO:
(1) Real IO
(2) Statistical IO.
Through real IO, you can track the cost of a particular event, and at the end you can settle the IO cost to the respective cost center.
In statistical IO, you can only collect cost; you can’t settle statistical IO to any other cost object.
IMG ⇒Controlling ⇒internal Orders ⇒Order Master Data ⇒Define Order Types
Select “01” – (Internal Order-controlling) from the popup
- Order Type: Define Order Type
- Budget Profile: Select-00001 (General Budget/Plan Profile)
- Object Class: Select “Overhead Costs”
- CO Partner Update: Select “Active”
- Select check boxes-“Commit Management, Revenue Posting, Integrated Planning”
- Configure Archiving Residence Time as shown above
- If u want to release of the internal order immediately after creation, then configure as below
- Status Profile : Select “00000002”(Internal Order)
- Activate “Release Immediately” Check box.
- Click on “SAVE”
Here you can hide the various fields or make it as required entry or only display or available for input. Thus while creating internal order only those fields are displayed and available for input.
B.1.2 Maintain Number Ranges for Orders:
IMG ⇒Controlling ⇒Internal Orders ⇒Order Master Data ⇒Maintain Number Ranges for Orders
Click on “Groups”
Then in the next screen Click on “Group Menu >Insert”
- Text: Name the Number ranges
- Intervals: Assign Number ranges for Internal Order type
- Press “Enter”
- Click on “SAVE”
If you want check the Number ranges assigned for internal orders then following steps,
B.1.3 Define Order Layouts
IMG ⇒Controlling ⇒Internal Orders ⇒Order Master Data ⇒Screen Layout ⇒Define Order Layouts
In this work step you define the layout for the order master data. You can assign a layout to each order type.
The system displays the order master data as a tab with a series of tab pages. On the tab pages there are group boxes with a series of fields for the order master data. The group boxes are defined by the system.
You can specify,
- Which title the individual tab cards should receive and
- Which group boxes should be displayed in which position on the tab pages.
The tab pages are numbered from left to right with “Tab Page 01” to “Tab Page xx”. On every tab page there are five positions, which you can assign individually to a group box. One of the group boxes can contain user-defined master fields.
Layout SAP corresponds to the default settings. You can copy this layout if you want to make changes to the default settings.
Check whether you need your own layouts. If you only want to make small changes to the standard delivery, you can copy layout SAP0 and use it as the basis for your layout.
If you want to create a new layout, choose “New entries”.
1. Enter a name and a description for your layout.
2. Choose “Tab page title” and “New entries”, to specify the title for your tab pages.
a) Enter the number for each of the tab pages.
b) Enter for which language the title is to be used.
c) Enter the title of the tab page.