Excise Registers: –
- RG23A Part I: – Part I shows the quantities of the Input Materials.
- RG23A Part II: – Part II shows the amounts of excise duty on the Materials, and how much you have transferred to the CENVAT accounts.
- RG23C Part I: – Part I shows the quantities of the Capital Goods.
- RG23C Part II: – Part II shows the amounts of excise duty on the Capital Goods, and how much you have transferred to the CENVAT accounts.
Note: – Previously, manufacturers were required to keep two separate registers, RG 23A and RG 23C for raw materials and capital goods respectively. This is no longer the case, but the distinction still remains in the system.
- PLA: – Personal Ledger Account
- RG23D: – A record of receipts and issues of excisable materials, as kept by depots.
- RG1: – A register of excisable finished goods kept by manufacturing plants.
- ER 1: – The Government of India vide Notification No 26/2005-Central Excise (N.T.) prescribed the form E.R.-1 to be filled with excise authorities, by all the assessees (as defined under Central Excise Act) on a monthly basis for production and removal of goods and other relevant particulars and CENVAT credit.
Note: – Now ER 1 fulfills requirement of RT-12 i.e. Monthly Return which is to be submitted to Excise Authorities every month end.
Forms / Outputs / Reports: –
u2022 Invoice output u2013 to check whether the existing invoice format is acceptable / make arrangements for a new invoice as per excise compliance
u2022 To arrange for the formats of all excise registers and reports. To name a few
→Monthly return for Excise
Monthly Reports: –
- J1I7 – Query Excise invoices (Excise Transaction Details)
- J2I6 – Print Utility (Printout of RG23A Part I & II, RG23C Part I & II, RG1, PLA, RT-12, etc…)
- J2I9 – New Monthly Returns Report Rule 57AE (Annexure – X)
- J2IER1 – Monthly ER1 report
Above reportsa are to be submitted on monthly basis to Govt.