Smart Financials requires New General Ledger Accounting. ( The classic General Ledger Accounting is not part of Smart Financials)
- Either you already have New General Ledger Accounting active
Or when you don’t have New General Ledger Accounting active yet, you can install the Smart Finanicals first. Then you can migrate to New General Ledger Accounting directly and active it there.
The data model of new General Ledger Accounting was simplified for the integration with SAP Accounting powered by SAP HANA. All data in new General Ledger Accounting is stored in document tables and line item tables. The system calculates the aggregated data in the relevant views.
The new data model eliminates the need to save redundant data (for example, in totals tables or index tables). Furthermore, inconsistencies can no longer arise between FI documents and totals tables.
The following tables have been replaced by views:
Tables GLT1 and GLT2 are no longer available for new General Ledger Accounting within SAP Accounting powered by SAP HANA. Consequently, ledgers for these tables are no longer updated and can no longer be processed or analyzed in the Special Purpose Ledger (FI-SL). If you still need to use one of these ledgers, contact SAP Development Support (message component FI-SL-SL). The new data model allows you to continue to use programs to access the database as before. This also applies for user-defined programs.
The following functions are no longer available with SAP Accounting powered by SAP HANA:
- Balance Sheet Planning
- Reports for comparing planning data and actual data in Profit Center Accounting
- Destruction of data or deletion of FI documents (Information Lifecycle Management)
- Average balance ledger
Classic General Ledger Accounting is no longer available due to the changed data model within SAP Accounting powered by SAP HANA. If you have previouslybeen using classic General Ledger Accounting, you can transfer your data to new General Ledger Accounting during the migration to SAP Accounting powered by SAP HANA.
Since Customizing for classic General Ledger Accounting is no longer available with SAP Accounting powered by SAP HANA, the following Customizing activities have been included in Customizing for new General Ledger Accounting:
- Clocing Cockpit: General Ledger Accounting(New) ⇒ Periodic Processing ⇒ Closing Cockpit.
- ReGroup: General Ledger Accounting(New) ⇒ Periodic Processing ⇒ Re Classify.
As of SAP Accounting powered by SAP HANA, new General Ledger Accounting offers the following new functions and changes to existing functions (compared against SAP enhancement package 7 for SAP ERP 6.0 : SAP Accounting powered by SAP HANA.
- Balance Carryforward: In addition to the functions that were previously available, the program for carrying forward balances now enables you to initialize data carried forward previously when you want to repeat a balance carryforward. Furthermore, you can save results lists and then use the program to display them at a later point in time.
- Integration with Materials Management: Account Determination for Cost of Sales, You can specify that the cost of sales is posted to different accounts on the basis of the cost component assignments. For more information, see the relevant release note for Controlling.
- Data Aging: The previous functions for archiving accounting documents has been replaced by data aging. For more information, see the release note for data aging.