The following paragraphs and pictures will describe an EXAMPLE in steps of an asset retirement and the functionality of the main fields and buttons.
To retire an asset go to Navigation: -> SAP Menu -> Accounting -> Financial accounting -> Fixed Asset -> Posting -> Retirement -> Asset Retirement by Scrapping
Alternatively: Transaction code ABAVN
1) Fill out Field Asset with your asset number already created and with postings (press enter)
2) Fill out Fields Document Date, Posting date and Asset Values (it cannot be a date prior to this asset capitalization date.
3) If you press Line items , you will see the values generated for each depreciation area.
4) If you press Simulate button you will see the accounts that will be credited and debited. In this case 11000, 11010 and 200010.
5) Double clicking on each line item you can see all details of these transactions.