1. When I try to create RG1 issues entry the line turns red and nothing happens?
Answer: This is happening because you are trying to create an issue entry and the stock in the register is not enough to do the issue. Hence, there is a need to first update RG1 with the receipts and then go into the issues.
2. I have extracted the register data once but now I have added more transactions. Can I extract once more?
Answer: You can re-extract the data if you have added more transaction data for the given period.
3. I am using another package for printing registers. Can I download the data once again?
Answer: To prevent data inconsistency in the third party application CIN does not allow you to re download the register data once it has alr eady been downloaded.
4. What is the issue classification for RG1?
Answer: You need to classify the RG1 entries as to whether they are receipts from manufacture or other receipts, clearances of various types so that they can be reported under the various headings as required by the Excise commissionarate.
5. How do I maintain the opening balances for my register for the first time?
Answer: You need load them manually at the initial data upload.
6. How do I get the opening balance for every month?
Answer: CIN calculates the opening balance for reporting purposes based on the transactions extracted in any period.
7. Are opening and closing balances of register available for me for reporting?
Answer: You must not pick up the opening and closing balances that are calculated by reporting because they might get changed if someone does a re-extract. So they need to be recomputed dynamically. They are not stored.
8. Where does RG1 get the data of packed/loose material ?
Answer: Initially when you upload the balance in RG1 you need to mention the material form. Later the system assumes the same for for the same material code. If you need to dynamically change this then you can make use of the user-exit. A material can be marked either as packed or loose but not both.
9. The column ‘In Bonded store room’ in RG1 register is not getting updated.
Answer: The column ‘In Bonded store room’ in RG1 Register is not being updated. It is present in the RG1 format as earlier it was part of the legal requirements. This format is no longer legal in nature. The purpose of RG1 Register is only to track the movement of goods to finished place from manufacturing place and hence only this
functionality is handled.
10. Assessable value is not appearing the RG1 register in transaction J1I5.
Answer: If the scenario has another pricing condition other than PR00 (for example, another price condition exists containing the balance of the PR00 and discount condition) then PR00 has to be maintained as a statistical condition so that the base value will be PR00 minus discount condition, i.e., the second price condition.